Saturday, January 20, 2018

Life. . .


Just wanted to take a moment to let you know how important each of you are to me.  Our staff is beyond incredible and all of you are not only some of the most talented educators/staff members I have ever seen, but your dedication to our kiddos, families and one another at our campus continues to impress me each day.  I am so proud to lead a campus in which we know the importance of relationships and family.  When one needs help, it is not just one person, but an entire village that stands up and is ready to serve.   You all give so much of yourselves and please know it does not go unnoticed.  

I am so thankful for the outreach of love, prayers and kindness you have given to my family over the last few days.  I wanted to let you know an update:  Mom is home, recouping and we just found out last night that her pathology report suggests that with the removal of her whole left lung that they are hoping to have gotten the cancer removed with the type of cancer that the report showed.  She will still have to follow up with an oncologist, but hoping for no need for further action with chemo or radiation. God works miracles each day and sometimes it is during those difficult times in which we learn the true value of stepping back and appreciating the blessings we have been given along the way.  So, please this weekend and this next week, let those people in your life know how important they are and each day with our kiddos, let them know how much we love and appreciate their uniqueness and individual strengths.  Continued prayers for Annelise's husband, Matt, as he takes his next step to recovery and to those of you going through struggles or difficult times with family and friends or life in general please know our TCE family is here for you in whatever way you may need.  Love you all and please know. . .you are so important and make sure a difference in what you do each day. . . 

Week of:  Jan. 22nd-26th, 2018

Goal Setting Meetings all week

Monday- Jeans/Sweats
Coaches Meeting - 8:00
TCE Potluck - Lounge (sign up below!)
Site-Based Meeting - 3:15 - Library

Tuesday - Angie Out Principal Meeting (AM-1:30)
Sky Ranch Parent Meeting - 5:30pm

Wednesday -   Jeans - Any Shirt
TLC Meeting - Library - 3:15pm

Thursday - CISD School Board Visit - 8:00am
Perot Presentation - 3rd, 4th and 5th - 9:30am

Friday - Jeans - Any shirt
Texan Town
Perot Presentation - K, 1st and 2nd - 1:00pm

Important Reminders
PTO Perot Presentations
We have a special treat for another program as our PTO is having the Perot museum come to TCE this week for a presentation for our learners!  Thursday will be 3rd, 4th and 5th grade from 9:30-10:30am.  Friday will be K, 1st and 2nd from 1:00-2:00pm.  Please know if this falls during your specials time that our specials teachers will be in charge of being with your learners.  Sorry for the late notice on this program as they were still needing to work out dates/times.  

RTI/504 Letters
K-5 teachers, please make sure and see Annelise's previous email below to review the district process for ensuring we are informing our parents about any of our kiddos in 504 and RTI.  

The law reads that any learner who is in RTI this year for academics, behavior or speech RTI (not sped speech) along with any 504 learner must receive a letter home stating that they are under the program.
The district has decided as a whole to send the letter packet out on January 31st.  As a campus we are sitting right at 150 packets that need to be sent home (it is a 3 page packet not huge).
They are all prepared and already filled out for you.  Kelly and i jumped on that last week hooray for my OCD!  When I get back next week I will make sure the letter packets get in your hands.  There will be three things you will need to do per district requirements:
  1.  Scan and upload each packet into learner's aware tab
  2.  On January 31st call the parent and let them know this packet is coming home and while there is no change to anything that has been done there is a law in place that requires us to notify them in writing.  If you need to call prior to the 31st just let them know the call will be coming on the 31st.  ---The good thing is you guys have already been calling parents to tell them they are in RTI so no parent will be surprised.  The other thing is all 504 parents know their kid is 504 because they all attend the 504 meetings.  So this is just giving the parent the heads up of the law that says we have to notify them in writing.  --- This call must be documented in the journal tab of Aware in Eduphoria.     The documentation in the tab does not need to be lengthy something like "1-31-18 spoke with so and so to update them on how John Smith is progressing in the RTI or 504 process and of the letter being sent home."
  3. On January 31 send the letter home.

Reminder:  Final Product for Cultural Plunge 
A short presentation using some kind of technology to share out your experience (individual or with partner).  Could be something where you use pictures, quotes, expressions, thoughts, etc.  You may be creative in how you share out!  

We will start having presentations at our January TLC meeting.  


School Board Visit - Thursday,  January 25th
Just a quick reminder that our school board will be visiting soon to see some of the amazing learning happening at TCE.  They will be at our campus starting at 8:00am and be here for about an hour, so if you have something special going on in your classroom that you would like to highlight, please let me know.  Also, please make sure that your hallways are freshened up with work displays or items put away!

I am planning on our robotics team possibly sharing a bit in Candace's room and would love to highlight any other learning or units you may have going on in your classrooms!  This could also include anything happening with Tina in the library if you have coding/STEM or other stations happening that week.  

TCE Potluck -Monday,  January 22nd
Please sign up for this month's potluck!  What a great time for some soups and salads to help to New Year's resolution goals or just because who doesn't love a good bowl of soup when it is cold outside!  


"Who made you happy this week?"
Shout Out Your Happiness!


Morgan - Thank you for taking care of my kids and Robotics Club when I got a flat tire! Knowing that you were there to help eased my mind. You are the best!! Kate

Kim, thank you so much for helping with my tutoring groups! You work miracles every week.

Laura--Thank you so much for always being willing to help me with all the little fires that need to be put out in Munis!! I am SO thankful for your willingness to lend a helping hand when so much is still unknown to me. I appreciate you! –Tina

Thank you Katie T. and Marly for being so flexible with your schedule and changing at the last minute. I appreciate your understanding so that I could handle situations with some kids! Love, Kelly S.

Sue--Thank you for taking such good care of our TCE Family! We are so blessed to have such a warm and loving nurse!

Beth Dilley - thanks for your art expertise and efficiency! We are so grateful for your willingness to help as creating a poster could have taken us hours! -Kelly & Kristan

Anne - Thank you so much for helping me with my guest reader when recess duty got the best of me! :) I appreciate you helping me and loving on my class! -Lauren T.

Courtney - Thank you so much for helping me with my google drive! I so appreciate all your patience when I ask silly questions and cant find my documents in the mystery drive! :) Thank you! - Lauren T.

I'm so excited to partner with Patrick for move and groove! Dude, you are so great, and I love that yoiu stay flexible, positive, and energetic all day!!

Lori, Marie, and Kelly - Thank you for being the best team and for being the best friends ever. You are always there for me, but over the last week you’ve gone above and beyond for me! Thank you for everything you helped me with in order for my class to run smoothly. It’s not like y’all don't have enough on your own plates and then to have my stuff dumped on your plates, too. Wow! That was a lot. Thank you for helping me, praying for me, supporting me ,and for mostly encouraging me. Love you all! Julie

Thank you Anne and Diane for being extra hands in my room. You guys are so great with my kids and I appreciate all that you do for my class.

Catherine Kim....I’m buying you a halo! You 110% saved my life this week and you were so gracious & loving. We need more of you in this world. I can’t say “thank you” enough! I love you! –Mary

Laura, thank you SO much for your help with my “recorder crisis.” You were so calming, and I really appreciate your sweet heart! –Mary

Courtney - Thank you for taking my morning duty on the 10th! You are always so sweet to say yes! Lorri B.

Courtney- My kids loved the weather data research! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas with me, and showing me how to put the data into a google graph! You are the best! Lorri B.

Laura- Thank you for being you!!! I love how you are always willing to help us with parents, supplies, room temperature (Ha-Ha), and so many other things that we seem to need! You are such a sweet & caring friend! I love working with you at TCE. You are the Best! Lorri B.

January Birthdays
Tracy Gipson - 12th
Lisa Hansen - 18th
Lisa Laughlin - 21st
Kim Becker - 23rd
Erica Shelby - 30th

Curriculum Connection
For our curriculum connection this week, take some time to explore some of our latest purchases with our digital learning tools for our learners!  These are all great resources to help support reading, writing and learning connections for our kiddos!  I know many of you have used some of these with the free versions before, so see now what other options they have with our campus licenses!  

If you need help with log-in support, please see Tina's past emails or touch base with her!

Final Quotes





No comments:

Post a Comment