Saturday, November 4, 2017

Don't Forget the Time Change. . .

Don't know about y'all but I am totally looking forward to gaining that extra hour of sleep this evening!  There's just something wonderful about the time change in the fall, especially when it has been so fast and furious lately!  Hopefully, you will know which clocks you need to set. . .


It's hard to believe, but we will only have this week and the next until our Thanksgiving break. . .so keep on going strong and then break time will be here before we know it! I am going to be out several days this week due to district meetings and a PLC conference in San Antonio I am attending with several other district administrators.  Annelise will be here, however please do your best to handle small discipline issues and talk to parents instead of sending to the office unless truly needed.  Also, I will have access to email and text messages, so let me know if you have questions or something comes up during the week when I am out.  

Week of:  November 6th-10th, 2017

Monday-  Title I Training - Angie (district) at TCE 8:30-10:00am


Tuesday - Jeans day with Red and Black Ed Foundation Shirt
Angie Out (AM) - Principal Meeting
Texan Town Schedule
3rd Grade Music Program - 8:15 - Cafeteria and 6:00pm 

Wednesday - Jeans day - College/Sports Team shirt
Angie Out (conference)
Vertical Meeting - Library - 3:15

Thursday -  Angie Out (conference)

Friday - Jeans Day - Any shirt
Angie Out (conference)
Texan Town
Veterans Day Ceremony - 9:00 - Gym


Important Reminders
Cultural Plunge
Keep in the back of your mind some ideas you may have for your cultural plunge this year.  You can go back and look at last week's blog post or discuss with other TCE members to think about what you might choose to do!

Book Study
As we continue growing together as a campus through our professional learning community, we will start reading about how we can also work on growing and connecting with other educators around the world.  Our book this year, What Connected Educators Do Differently, will help us in our learning journey of establishing, guiding, building and sustaining a professional learning network.  
If you could please read the areas in the book called Connectors 1, 2, and 3 by December 6th.  That should take you through the intro all the way to page 44. Then we will begin some face to face discussion/online discussion as a campus.


"Who made you happy this week?"
Shout Out Your Happiness!

Mary! Thank you for bringing me a Dr. Pepper when mine spilled Thursday morning! You are so sweet! –Kate

Julie, Marie, & Lori: I am so blessed to have you as “my people!” You all have been so helpful and supportive with all my craziness this week! Even bringing candy to Mattie because she was too sick to Trick or Treat! You are the best! Love you! Kelly B

Dianne, Thank you for coming to the rescue and helping me “Spooky Science!” Casey

Beth Parker, thank you for the gratitude journals! The 2nd graders are loving them!

Lauren, Kim, and Lorri- I could not be more thankful to work on a team with you ladies! You are so encouraging and uplifting every day. Thank you for all of your help with me being gone for my moms surgery! Love y'all!!

Kristan, thank you for being the best stuco teammate! So thankful for you and all you do to help out! Love, Kelly

Sue,   Thank you so much for making our first ever 5th grade Health Expo such a huge success! We know that an immense amount of planning and preparation went into it and it was definitely worth it! The kids enjoyed the day so much!   Love,  5th grade team

Annelise - I'm so glad we have your expertise, efficiency and sense of humor at TCE! Love getting to work with you! Love, Kelly

Kim & Erica, thank you for being so flexible and understanding last week when I had to change your schedule last minute. I appreciate you so much! -Kelly S.

Casey Wagner- Thank you for switching our duties this week! I appreciate you!!!! 

Sue and Kelly,  Thank you so much for organizing and helping with our health expo. It was a HUGE success!!  -Fifth Grade

Dianne! Your support means so much to me. Thank you for always being there as I am learning so much! You are THE best classroom partner and I am so lucky to have a mentor like you! Love, Schuyler

Angie, Annelise, and Kelly... thank you for everything you have done to support our learners throughout the day. I really appreciate that every time I have needed help with something... y'all have always been right there to help me! You are THE best! Thank you! Love, Schuyler

Special shout out to Marly! You have been a lifeline for me throughout my transition to TCE. Your patience and support mean the world to me. Your dedication to the growth of our shared learners is outstanding and I could not be more thankful! Love, Schuyler

Renee, thanks for being your junior I-team down to kinder to get our google sites started! We love collaborating with you!! Lori

Candace, thanks so much for all of your help with Makey Makey, LittleBits and Breakout EDU. YOU ROCK! Heather B.

Kristan, thanks so much for all you’ve done to help us prep for the Breakout EDU Force game. It’s going to be awesome! You’re the BEST! Heather B.

Jenna, Marly, Kate and Morgan, thanks a ton for all that y’all continue to do for me! I appreciate you all more than you know! Love ya! Heather B.

Dianne and Schuyler, you two are BEYOND AMAZING! Thanks for all of your hard work! Heather B.

Candace, Thank you for setting kinder up with "Dash"! Our learners are loving it! You are the best!

Lorri, Thank you for helping me with my book order. Once again, you always are willing to help a friend! I so appreciate you! Love you, Marie

Thank you Angie, Annelise and Kelly for being so proactive for our learners at TCE! Schuyler and I are very appreciative of you guys!

Laura Thank you for getting the tri fold project boards for our Lego Robotics League! We asked and you went out right away to make sure we had it. We appreciate you! Kate, Candace and Lisa



November Birthdays
Katie Tonemah – 3rd
Marie Sork – 7th 
Marina Chicas – 8th 
Beth Dilley – 11th
Annelise Ford – 14th
Laura Fairchild – 24th
Kristan Hruby – 24th
Renee Foroodi – 25th

Final Quotes
While we are just dealing with a little time change this weekend, it prompted me to find some quotes that deal with change. . .always good reminders for times in our life in which to reflect on where we are, where we've been and where we are going. . .




No comments:

Post a Comment