Sunday, October 8, 2017

Enjoy your long weekend!


I don't know if all of you have made it out to the State Fair of Texas yet, but here's a reminder of the dates!  I think I am going to head out there next weekend, but definitely going to  make it this year. . .who doesn't love a good corn dog and some roasted corn. . .and can't forget a turkey leg and cotton candy!  And if you are adventurous this year they have funnel cake bacon queso burger, deep fried chicken noodle soup and deep fried froot loops (yep, that's how they spelled fruit).  There's always something fun and crazy to see or do at the fair and you have one free ticket!


Week of:  October 9th-13th, 2017

MondayHoliday!

Tuesday - 
Host Site for Math: Stop, Collaborate and Listen (1st, 3rd, 5th-see last week's blog for locations) 3:30-5:00pm

Wednesday - Angie Out PM (District Conference)
Vertical Meeting - 3:15pm

Thursday - Angie Out (District Conference)
Kelly Out (AM)
Fire Department Clown Program - 8:45am - Cafeteria
Hruby/Berumen - Meeting with teams K-5 during conference
Host Site for Math:  Stop, Collaborate and Listen (Kinder, 2nd, 4th - see last week's blog for locations) 3:30-5:00pm

Friday - Wear Jeans and TCE Grade Level Shirts
Spirit Rally - 8:30am - 2nd grade performing



Important Reminders
Coaches Meetings with Teams
Our coaches meetings will start this week with teams and will alternate throughout the year.  Here are the dates for October and November.  We had to rearrange a few due to STEM planning days moving.  
Hruby and Berumen - Oct. 12th and Nov. 2nd
Hansen and Coffee - Oct. 26th (date change) and Nov. 9th
December no set dates, you can schedule to meet with anyone if needed.   Remember that this is a time you can ask questions, discuss resources, interventions, lesson design, etc. as a group.  

Stem Planning Days
We had a few more changes to STEM planning dates due to a district training being scheduled and some others needing to be out.  Here is where we have landed!
Kinder and 1st - Oct. 19th
4th and 5th - Oct. 24th
2nd and 3rd - Oct. 30th

Spirit Rally
If you have anything to add to the spirit rally agenda for this Friday, please touch base with me!  I believe we have our specials team as our activity group (game/activity to lead)!  As well as we have 2nd grade learners performing!

Tour Date
We will have our first day in which other districts will be touring our campus on Tuesday, October 17th!  This is the day in which several other school districts will be touring several Coppell schools.  As a campus we will be highlighting technologies in learning as well as hands-on STEM (specifically engineering).  Team leaders, please email what your grade level will be learning on these days and remember to please have alternating subjects being taught for this day to showcase more types of learning.  

"Who made you happy this week?"
Shout Out Your Happiness!
Rachel and Casey, Thank you SO much for picking up our kids for us when our meeting ran long! We appreciate it! Love, Meredith and Renee

Kate, You are the bomb.com for sharing that awesome Global Read Aloud resource! Thanks!!! Love, Meredith

Candace, Thank you SO much for your amazing lessons on depth and complexity! My learners (and I!) have so enjoyed your lessons, and I deeply appreciate you taking the time to come teach us! You are AMAZING!! Love, Meredith

Thank you to whomever has been writing the fun questions on the dry erase board by the lounge! It's a fun distraction. :)

Morgan-Thank you for letting me share "Stories with Holes" with your class! I love that they have already gone through one book and are on to a second book!  -Candace

Second Grade- Thank you for being so flexible and letting me pull some of your gifted friends from different classes so I can have them all at one time for a book group! –Candace

Lauren- I had so much fun working with your two friends on adding details to their writing! Thank you for inviting me in to work with them!  -Candace

Kinder and First- Thank you for working so hard on GT screening. I know it can be a lot of work and I appreciate all your help and feedback on our learners. As well as your flexibility.

Patrick, Casey, Courtney, Laura, and Angie- Thank you for working with me to get this ed grant together! We make an awesome team!

Tina! Thank you for dropping what you were doing to come answer our endless BlueBonnet questions!! My kids are so excited and feel so special that you came to answer their many, many questions! Ashlin

Rachel Lim I am constantly amazed by your growth mindset. Keep up the good work! Kristan

Marie - Thank you for letting me work with your precious learners. They make my heart happy. Kristan

Renee, Kasey, Casey, Meredith and Rachel - Your presentation was terrific. Thank you for being willing to share. Kristan

Mary - You truly are the dyslexia queen. I learned so much from your presentation. Kristan

Kelly Spears - I am constantly amazed at how skilled you are at your craft. You seem to always know what to say to learners and educators. Kristan
Kindergarten Team! Thank you for helping me to understand that I am not insane and not terrible at my job. Seriously. You ladies rule.   – Mike

Logan and Katie, thank you so much for making this 1st 9 weeks such an easy transition for our shared learner! I appreciate you guys! Dianne J.

Huge shout out to the 5th grade team...thank you for always having our shared learners best interest at heart! I appreciate your time and effort you invest daily! Thank you! Dianne J.

Laura, Sherri and Sue..thanks for putting up with me! Also, thanks for the help you provide to my "friends" daily and sometimes hourly! I don't know what I would do without you guys! Dianne J.

Lori, Marie, and Kelly - Thank you for making me happy every day!!! I treasure your friendships!!!!

Mary, Thank you for taking the time to inform us about learners with dyslexia! I love how passionate you are about what you do. :)

Lauren, Catherine, Kristan - Thank you so much for all the single place value manipulatives. I love working at a school where everyone is so willing to help! Thank you Lisa H, Jenna, and Renee for also offering your manipulatives! I have lots of singles now!!! THANK YOU!!!! Lorri B.

Lisa H.- Thank you Lisa for taking your time out of your busy day to help me with moving pictures onto my google drive! You are the best!! Now I have lots of room in my "h" drive! LOL!! Lorri B.

Tina- Thank you for introducing me to "Flip Grids". So excited to use this app for Global Read Aloud. You are always so helpful with technology. Thank you very much! Lorri B.

Courtney- 1A & 1B had so much fun with the ozobots. Thank you so much for sharing with us! We really enjoyed learning how to code the super cute ozobots!  Lorri B.

Kristan,  Thanks for getting our team lunch during our conference day! You rock! -5th grade

Annelise, thanks for all your help with at risk!! You saved me hours! Love, Kelly

Kelly Spears, Thank you so much for presenting at our evening PTO meeting this week!  I appreciate you taking the time to help our parents know and understand our focus on social emotional needs!  -Angie

Annelise,  Thank you so much for coming to the PTO meeting this week and for being such a wonderful thinking partner!  Love hearing your insight and so glad to have you at TCE! - Angie

K-5 Educators, thank you so much for all of your many hours that you have spent meeting with our families to discuss strengths and areas of growth for our learners!  I know how exhausting it can be meeting so many times and just know your efforts are truly appreciated!  - Angie

Thank you to Mary and our 5th grade educators for sharing at our faculty meeting!  I appreciate your dedication to helping all of our staff to grow together in our learning of new concepts and ways we can help our learners!  - Angie

Lori Vincenzo and Kristan Hruby, thank you for serving as our TCE reps on the superintendent's advisory committee again this year! I know another meeting can sometimes be the last thing you want to do, so know we appreciate your dedication to helping our school and the district! - Angie

October Birthdays
Patrick Miller - 1st
Jenna Taylor - 25th

Curriculum Connection 
Don't forget about these wonderful courses/resources that have been shared by Mary and Lisa.  You don't have to work through everything if you don't need flex, but should join in order to benefit by accessing the resources!

Schoology Course: Dyslexia Training and Resources: For Classroom Educator
Access Code: JBSVB-5D89J


Final Quotes for the Week


No comments:

Post a Comment